Saturday, May 30, 2009

week 2.5

You may notice that there are two posts today, thats because I wrote the previous one further down on the page two weeks ago but haven't been able to get the blogspot website to load on the internet here.
So....It has been about two weeks since I've been in Kenya. I am enjoying myself here. We are inthe midst of the rainy season so there are daily storms/ rain showers. I have been able to get out and about to the towns of Kakamega and Kisumu as well as to some surrounding villages.
I have been taking some pictures but the internet is really really slow and doesn't do well with uploading pictures.... or mabey I just can't figure it out. Anyway I have some pictures and if I can't figure it out here, I'll post them up when I get back in August.
I got to see a bull fight today. At first I was worried that it would be mess but its just two bulls butting heads for an hour or so until one runs off. No gore or stabbing bulls with swords or anything like that. Although you do have to be carful and run out of the way of a scared or distracted bull.

I must say too that if you ever go to africa taking the anti-malarial Methaquine gives you lots of dreams. Not necessarialy bad dreams but each time you sleep you will have a realistic dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment