Monday, May 11, 2009

The night before

Welcome to my blog! I'm scheduled to head to Kenya tomarrow via 12 hours in London. I will be in the town of Shinyalu Kenya, which is outside of the town of Kakamega. There is a map below of the area. Its on the western side of Kenya so when I land in Nairobi I will hop on a bus and head out.
I'll be working at a place called Takitifu Gardens. This is a volunteer center run by Quakers. I think I'll be working with kids mostly teaching English, playing, and other such things as needed.
I'm pretty sure I'll have reliable internet connection so I'll be able to check my e-mail and post pictures on this blog.
Also, I plan in August to head to Wanzhou China in Chongqing province to teach English and study Chinese for a year at Chongqing Three Gorges University.
Well hopfully this blog will become much more interesting in the next few weeks with some pictures of where I'm going.
Here's hoping for a smooth trip!

1 comment:

  1. Jon!! How's it going?? Sounds pretty good so far. But yeah you need to majorly decorate this shit up!! Haha--that's why I couldn't keep one it was too much maintenance. Well, I sure hope you're doing well. We miss you and talk about you a lot. Take care have fun

    ReplyDelete